Pharmacist, Rita Cheung, with R.N. Ruben Rodriguez in the Emergency Department.
Pharmacy services are provided to inpatients, outpatients, staff and the general public.
The Pharmacy provides a safe and effective medication system within the Health Centre. Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and support staff provide a range of pharmaceutical services, including unit-dose drug distribution, centralized intravenous admixture, and chemotherapy preparation. Clinical Pharmacists collaborate with the interprofessional health care team to optimize medication outcomes for patients and staff.
Inpatients and their families can access the advice of a Clinical Pharmacist by contacting the Nursing Unit staff.
The Outpatient Pharmacy offers a variety of services including:
- Prescription services
- Over-the-counter medications and advice
- Training and sale of blood pressure and blood glucose monitoring devices
- Coordination with inpatient staff for timely prescription fill on discharge
- Integration and teaching with outpatient clinics
- Specialty prescriptions not normally filled in community pharmacies (TB medications, injections)
- Blister packaging service
- Employee benefits: JOBST support stocking fittings
- On-line billing with most major drug insurance carriers
- MedsCheck Medication Review appointments available
- Front shop stock catering to programs within the hospital
The outpatient pharmacy is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Outpatient Pharmacy is located on the Ground Floor in the East Wing. For information, please call 416-530-6555.
Page last updated: December 12, 2012