One of the most highly regarded geriatric programs in Toronto, Elderly Community Health Services (ECHS), provides outpatient assessment, health promotion and illness prevention for the elderly, with the aim of assisting patients and families to manage the challenges associated with aging.
Our interprofessional team includes geriatricians, a geriatric psychiatrist, a nurse, a physiotherapist, a speech/language pathologist, an occupational therapist, and social workers. Our multicultural staff speak several languages and on-site interpretation is available as required.
The team supports patients 65 years and older to remain at home. We provide initial and follow-up assessments; health education; consultation; diagnosis of dementia such as Alzheimer's Disease; treatment, and assistance in planning for the future.
Clients are seen on a medical referral basis only. We arrange referrals to community resources such as home supports and residential options.
ECHS services offered:
- Comprehensive medical, cognitive and functional examination and health screening on a regular basis.
- Specialized treatment programs streamlined to the needs of the elderly.
- Up-to-date information and resources on management of elderly people living at home.
- Expert consultation and support to families and caregivers who require assistance with caring for frail elderly people living at home.
- Personalized information to the elderly and their families requiring assistance with planning and selecting appropriate accommodation in the community.
- Referrals to other services will be provided as needed.
Please register for each visit in the Registration office, located on the Ground Floor of the hospital, by the Tranquility Entrance.
Service hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information about ECHS, please call 416-530-6770. To book an appointment, please call 416-530-6043.