The Patient Relations Service is available to patients, their families, and visitors to the Health Centre. The Patient Relations Manager works with you and your health care team to assist with any questions, concerns or suggestions you may have regarding your care and service.
Should you have a concern, we encourage you to first speak with your nurse, team leader or attending physician. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, ask to speak with the Patient Care Manager of the nursing unit or the Supervisor of the service area. If you still have a concern, please contact the Patient Relations office.
The Patient Relations office is available to:
- Address health care concerns in a private, respectful and supportive environment
- Answer questions about Health Centre policies and procedures
- Review issues about care and service with the intent to resolve conflict
- Facilitate communication, acting as a bridge between patients/families and staff/physicians
- Listen to comments/suggestions, making sure that Health Centre managers and administrators know what people say and think about the Health Centre
- Receive compliments and share these with the health care team and administration
The Patient Relations office is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. If you would like to reach us after hours, on weekends or on holidays, you can email or call and leave a message at any time. E-mails and voicemail messages will be answered the next business day. We welcome your feedback.
St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto
30 The Queensway
Page last updated: April 18, 2011