|Position Title:||Registered Nurse - Oncology Clinic|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Compensation:||$30.170 to $42.850 per hour 25 year rate: $43.610 per hour|
|Hours:||Must be available for all shifts|
|Posted:||January 01, 2014|
|Description:||Summary: This Registered Nurse will provide direct clinical care, education and coordination of care to patients of the Oncology Clinic at St. Joseph's Health Centre. The oncology nurse practices at a high level of accountability in collaboration with the oncologists and interprofessional team. The position will report to the Patient Care Manager, Oncology Clinic.
1. Provision of comprehensive nursing assessment, including the use of validated assessment tools such as ESAS, for Haematology/Oncology and Palliative patients regarding disease related symptoms, medication side effects, and pain
2. Provision of clinical treatments including but not limited to administration of chemotherapy and assisting with invasive procedures
3. Provision of counsel and education for patients and family members regarding symptom management and disease process
4. Development and implementation of patient-specific management plans, in collaboration with the Haematology/Oncology and Palliative Care Physicians and interprofessional team.
1. Demonstrated experience assessing haematology/oncology and palliative patients' disease related symptoms.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in chemotherapy administration
3. Demonstrated ability to identify and respond appropriately to haematology/oncology and palliative emergencies.
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Minimum 2 years recent experience working within Oncology, including outpatient oncology experience required.
3. Minimum 2 years experience with acute palliative patients with a thorough understanding of pain management principles preferred.
4. Certification in Chemotherapy Administration and Central Venous Access Devices required.
5. Current BLS Certificate required.
6. Oncology Nursing Certificate preferred
7. Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to work collaboratively in an inter-professional team environment
9. Demonstrated excellence in patient education
10. Demonstrated excellence in high level accountability
11. Flexibility with scheduling during peak volume periods.
12. Excellent attendance record.
|How to Apply:||
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following two methods.
1) Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
2) Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email.
3) In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit a transfer request form to Human Resources.
Only those candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.